Nuffnang

Instagram

                          

Friday, August 3, 2012

Bangkok day 1

OH HI! I'm back from my Bangkok + Phuket trip with my girls. Actually it's been a week since I got back but was too busy catching up with whatever that's going on back home. And it took me several days to unpack! Partly was because I'm lazy, but it was also because the amount of things I brought home scared me a little. 

Okay back to my trip. We departed on Saturday night, a few hours after my last paper. Those few days of exam were torturous, but was well redeem with my holiday. So, arrived at Bangkok around 12 plus and we were looking for our airport transit to hotel. Due to miscommunication, there was none. Hence, 4 girls, midnight, in a foreign city, decided to take a taxi to a hotel that we don't even know where it is. HA HA. Heroin or what. We were quite paranoid on our way to hotel because it seems to be located in a dodgy area. But the hotel turned out to be awesome! It's Baan K Residence. Unlike most hotels, it's a residence so is less crowded but very comfortable. We spent some time going wah! ahh! look at this! look at this! etc etc. 












Settled down for the night and had a rather not so well sleep. But we were all geared up for our shopping next day! First destination:


Chatuchak market

It sells EVERYTHING. We were lucky enough the day was not too sunny. But still humid and uncomfortable after spending few hours there due to terrible ventilation. Nevertheless it didn't stop our shopping momentum. Bought SO MUCH. Because it was ridiculously cheap. And you will feel like you've been cheated on when it's sold so expensive back in Malaysia. Not many pictures taken then because we were too busy shopping. 













Because all the puteris can't stand the heat, we moved on to siam area. Had our lunch @ Siam discovery for some refreshment and rest. Food was delicious!










Bought too much (again) along the way from Siam back to our hotel, and the aftermath:



let's see if I'm persistent enough to blog for the entire trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment